Derrick® V300 PMD® Screen Outperforms Competition
Determine which API 200 screen delivered the most cost effective performance for the operator based on screen life. The evaluation was a side-by-side comparison of the three different screen panels. Technical representatives from all three manufacturers were onsite for the evaluation to ensure fairness and accuracy of testing procedures. The test was coordinated and supervised by the senior drilling fluids specialist for the oil company.
- The performance of the rig’s five BRANDT® VSM 300™ shakers was evaluated and the three best shakers were chosen for the screen test.
- Flow was equalized across the three test shakers.
- All shaker were equipped with API 60 mesh scalping screens.
- The primary deck of each test shaker was outfitted with a set of four new screens from each manufacturer/ supplier. Life was evaluated on the two feed screens only.
- The test was repeated three times, rotating new screens to a different shaker for the second and third iteration.
- Life was recorded as percentage of screen area failure.
BRANDT and VSM 300 are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of National Oilwell Varco.